1 Day Course
This course is ideal for all business professionals who are required to present ideas in writing and wish to sharpen their business writing skills.
The course covers: how to get the purpose of your message across, layout, grammar, punctuation, email etiquette, and writing agendas and minutes of meetings. This course will enable participants to present their message in a more professional manner and will give participants a better understanding of the key skills of written communication in order to write more concisely and effectively.
At the end of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Develop and enhance writing skills
- Put a suitable structure on written material
- Give and receive constructive feedback on their own writing skills through exercises
- Welcome and introductions
- Objectives and agenda
- Writing memos
- Letter writing
- Writing emails ‘netiquette’
- Writing up agendas of meetings
- Writing up minutes of meetings
- Keeping it businesslike
- Making it professional
- Getting the tone right
- Grammar and punctuation
- Steps in the writing process
- Review and evaluation
Pre-work, Facilitator input, Group discussion, Group exercises, Questionnaires, Coaching and Feedback.
Number of Participants
Minimum 6 – maximum 12
Participants should bring a sample of a letter/memo for individual feedback.
Individuals who are new to business writing or wish to refresh their skills.