This Report Writing Course will give participants clear guidelines for structuring and writing business reports and a better understanding of the key skills of written communication in order to write more concisely and effectively.
On completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the concepts of putting things into writing
- Follow a structured but flexible approach to the preparation and completion of reports
- Decide upon the appropriate approach, given;
- the nature of the document
- the target of the audience
- the outcomes required
- Relate the written communications model to the needs of their current job.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Objectives & Agenda
- What is the benefit of writing reports?
- Report writing guidelines
- 6 Rules in report writing
- Writing the report objective
- How to write a report summary
- How to undertake the report investigation
- How to present a table of contents
- Report writing exercises for each section of the course
- How to present conclusions and recommendations
- How to present the report
Pre-work, Facilitator input, Group discussion, Group exercises, Questionnaire, Video presentation, Coaching and feedback – facilitator and peer.
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, Admin, those who have report writing responsibilities.
Number of Participants
Minimum 8 – maximum 12
Participants should bring samples of reports they have written or the types of reports they will be expected to produce in the future.