3 Day Course
QQI Level 5 Occupational First Aid Course
This course is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, practical skills and understanding required to provide and coordinate first aid in the workplace.
Occupational First Aid Course Objectives:
After this Occupational First Aid course delegates should be able to:
- understand the responsibilities of the occupational first-aider.
- provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until treated by a medical practitioner or nurse.
- be able to provide treatment for an injury which does not require the attention of a
- be capable of co-ordinating first aid arrangements in the workplace.
- be familiar with health and safety legislation on first aid provision in the workplace.
Introduction to Occupational First Aid
- Responsibilities of the occupational first aider
- Situation assessment
- Patient diagnosis
- First Aid Skills
- Occupational First Aid Legislation
- Reporting accidents
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a QQI Level Occupational First Aid Certificate.